Стипендіальна програма ім. Лейна Кіркланда
Програма адресована молодим лідерам, що здобули вищу освіту, які зацікавлені у розвитку демократії, економіки і громадянського суспільства у своїх країнах та в регіоні.
Реалізація Програми відбувається в рамках двосеместрового навчання у вищих навчальних закладах Польщі та 2-4 тижневих професійних стажувань у державних або приватних установах і організаціях.
Дедлайн – 1 березня 2017 року.
Детальний опис англійською:
- Economics and management
- Administration / management (business, NGO, culture, environmental protection, health care, education)
- Public administration (government and local government)
- Social science (social psychology, sociology)
- Political science and international relations
- Development policy
Diploma thesis shall be of theoretical or practical character (in the latter case theoretical introduction will still be required).
In the 2015/2016 academic year the Kirkland Program is addressed to the following persons:
• experts, politicians, employees at government and local government institutions
• entrepreneurs and managers
• leaders of non-governmental organizations, cultural organizers and promoters of active citizenship
• academic teachers
• Citizenship and permanent residence in one of the targeted countries (holders of permanent residence card in Poland are ineligible)
• Master’s degree
• Up to 35 years of age (in special cases up to 40)
• Professional experience of at least 2 years
• Polish language proficiency adequate to effectively attend lectures and seminars as well as to prepare a diploma project or, alternatively, English in case of those candidates who select a specific study program with English as the language of instruction (in such cases, only basic Polish is required). During the interview candidates are required to speak Polish at least at the B1 level (diploma thesis written in Polish) or at least A1 (diploma thesis written in English)
• Candidates actively working in their professional and social fields
• Candidates who have significant achievements
• Candidates who have not studied in Poland before
1. Application form on-line
a) detailed personal questionnaire
b) proposed program of study in Poland explaining
the purpose of participation in the Kirkland Program and including the future plans connected with its completion (not exceeding 4,000-6,000 characters with spaces)
2. Two letters of reference (in Polish, English or Russian), describing the achievements and qualifications of the candidate as well as the expectations connected with the candidate’s further development and work in her/his professional or social field – to be submitted by e-mail
3. Copy of Master’s degree diploma (or PhD diploma) – to be submitted by e-mail
Approximately 45 best applicants will be selected in a 3-stage evaluation process of candidates:
Stage 1 – formal assessment of applications
Stage 2 – substantive assessment of applications
Stage 3 – interviews (planned on 14 – 30 April 2015)
The candidates who have qualified by passing all 3 stages are informed via e-mail at the end of March. The information of the final results will be sent via e-mail in June 2015.
Monthly stipend paid to Kirkland grantees in Polish currency: about 1800 PLN. In addition, the scholarship covers the following costs: university fees; accommodation; insurance; one return ticket to Poland; public transportation tickets; purchase of research materials. Laptop computers lent to the grantees for the period of scholarship, can become their property after all the scholarship program requirements have been fulfilled.
• Inauguration of the Program (mid-Sept 2015)
• Orientation (10 days)
• Classes at universities (two semesters) in leading Polish academic centers, such as Warsaw, Kraków, Poznań, Lublin or Wrocław
• Preparation of two semester papers and one diploma paper
• Four conventions of all Kirkland grantees
• Personal development and animation activities
• at least 2 weeks of professional internship (usually upon completion of the academic program)
• Closing ceremony – final diplomas (end of June 2016)
The application form is available at: http://www.kirkland.edu.pl/en/appform
Application forms should be filled out on-line.
After the on-line application is completed, the system will generate a confirmation document that needs to be printed. The signed document should then be sent to the Program Office by regular mail with the candidate’s current photograph attached thereto.
The letters of satisfaction and copies of diploma should be scanned and sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submitting applications for the Kirkland Scholarship Program is:
March 1, 2015
The applications received after the above-mentioned date shall not be examined.
Scholarship: approx. PLN 1,800 per month. Additionally, the following costs are covered: educational fees, accommodation in Poland, insurance, travel to and from Poland, visa fees, purchase of educational materials and equipment. The computers rented by students during the scholarship program may become their property, free of charge, after the scholarship requirements have been fully satisfied.