Стажування у Всесвітньому інституті преси
Журналісти з будь-якої країни світу запрошуються на стажування до Всесвітнього інституту преси (World Press Institute). Претендувати на отримання стипендії можуть журналісти, чий професійний досвід становить не менше 5 років. Грант покриває витрати на участь в програмі, переліт до США і назад, проживання і харчування протягом всього терміну стажування.
Дедлайн: 15 лютого 2017 року.
Детальний опис англійською:
The WPI fellowship is offered to 10 journalists from countries around the world. It provides immersion into the governance, politics, business, media, journalistic ethics and culture of the United States for experienced international journalists, through a demanding schedule of study, travel and interviews throughout the country.
The program usually begins in mid-August and end in mid-October. The fellows will spend three weeks in Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minnesota, and then travel to several U.S. cities, including New York and Washington, D.C., for briefings, interviews and visits. They will returned to Minnesota for the final week of the program.
- At least five (5) years full-time employment in print, broadcast, or online journalism.
Journalists can work for news or editorial departments of newspapers, wire services, radio, television, web sites, online publications or magazines of general public interest.
Photojournalists, editorial cartoonists, columnists and broadcast producers are also eligible.
Those who supervise journalists are eligible providing that they also have at least five years as a working journalist.
- Any journalism-related work completed as a university student does not count toward experience. People who work in public relations or at organizations whose primary business is not the media are not eligible.
- Must be currently employed as a non U.S. journalist working outside of the United States.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English.
- Potential for leadership
During this online application process, you will be asked to provide the following:
- Applicant information
- Employment history and education
- Two essays are required as part of the online application. They are:
1. Please describe your professional goals and achievements (in 200-500 words)
2. Why are you seeking a WPI Fellowship? What do you expect to gain? What do you expect to contribute? (200-500 words)
- Color photo of yourself
- Work samples
- Awards, fellowships,
- Three letters of recommendation