Літня дослідницька програма для молодих науковців
Молоді дослідники з усього світу запрошуються до участі в літній програмі в Австрії. Серед галузей – системний аналіз, енергія, еволюція та екологія, світова популяція, екосистеми тощо.
Дедлайн: 11 січня 2018 року.
Детальний опис англійською:
Since 1977, IIASA’s annual 3-month Young Scientists Summer Program (YSSP) offers research opportunities to talented young researchers whose interests correspond with IIASA’s ongoing research on issues of global environmental, economic and social change. From June through August accepted participants work within the Institute’s research programs under the guidance of IIASA scientific staff. Funding is provided through IIASA’s National Member Organizations.
- Air Quality and Greenhouse Gases
- Advanced Systems Analysis
- Ecosystem Services and Management
- Evolution and Ecology
- Risk and Resilience
- Transitions to New Technologies
- World Population
- Arctic Futures Initiative
- Tropical Futures Initiative
- Water Futures and Solutions Initiative
- Challenges and Opportunities of Economic Integration within European and Eurasian Space
On the application form please chose 1-2 programs. If there is additional is interest in one of our flagship projects please indicate so in the box provided in the application form (under “please justify your choice of programs here”). We strongly encourage you to contact the various program representatives before making your decision.
What to expect from the program
YSSP celebrates its 41st anniversary. Until this day, 1917 YSSPers from 86 countries have participated in the program.
The YSSP provides a unique opportunity to:
- advance your research under the direct supervision of an experienced IIASA scientist
- broaden your research interests by working in the IIASA interdisciplinary and international research environment;
- build contacts with IIASA’s worldwide network and collaborate with the institute during your future career
- produce a paper which will be the first step towards a publishable journal article
Who should apply?
- PhD students (ideally about 2 years prior to receiving a PhD)
- working on a field compatible with ongoing research at IIASA
- with a wish to explore the policy implications of your workApplicants from all countries are welcome, although IIASA gives priority to citizens or residents of NMO countries.
Participation in the YSSP is only possible for one summer (however, you may apply several times).
How to apply?
Candidates apply via the online application form (see ‘APPLY NOW’ banner on the right). Registrations for the 2018 program are being accepted from 3 October 2017 – 11 January 2018.
Фото – Unsplash