ЄВС-проект в Італії
Date and venue: Rome, 01.11.2018 – 31.10.2019
About the hosting organization:
Servizio Civile Internazionale (SCI Italia) is the Italian branch of Service Civil International network (SCI), international voluntary movement present in more than 80 countries around the world. For almost 100 years it’s been promoting international voluntary projects on the themes of peace and disarmament, conscientious objection, human rights and international solidarity, sustainable lifestyles, social inclusion and active citizenship. At the base there is a concrete commitment to change situations of inequality, injustice and violation of human rights.
SCI Italia, founded in 1948, is an NGO recognized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Advisory Member of UNESCO and the Council of Europe. It is based in Rome and is supported by several regional and local groups of activists. Regional and local groups deal with training activities and the promotion of volunteering in various Italian regions, supporting the work of the National Secretariat.
In Rome, San Paolo neighborhood, SCI Italia has been carrying out “La Città dell’Utopia” project since 2003, which plays a significant role at local and international level. During its existence, SCI Italia has sent and received thousands of volunteers, contributing significantly to the dissemination of both practices and values of international volunteering in Italy. Every year about 300 Italian volunteers leave through our association for international voluntary projects all over the world; we also organize more than 30 international voluntary workcamps a year in Italy that host more than 250 international volunteers, thus contributing to the development of social activities, environmental protection and historical-cultural activities
SCI Italia is also coordinating, hosting and sending organization for European Voluntary Service (EVS) projects since 1997, and implements several international projects thanks to the Erasmus+ programme and the European Instrument for Democracy and Human Rights.
Profile of volunteers:
- have good command of English (both of volunteers)
- have good command of Italian (at least one of volunteers)
- be able to work in a team
- have good communication skills and motivation to cooperate with colleagues and SCI Italia’s activists
- have good educational and social skills, to be able to work with several target groups
- motivated to learn and share knowledge and skills
- have good computer skills (Ubuntu or Microsoft Office, email, internet)
- have a responsible attitude and take initiative towards her/his tasks
- have administrative and organizational skills
- open mind and flexible attitude towards working hours, especially between May-July
- process workcamps applications of volunteers via SCI Online Placement System (OPS) at www.workcamps.info
- support the organization of public events related to volunteering and active citizenship
- support the dissemination of SCI Italia’s activities and campaigns
- take part to SCI Italia's trainings for workcamp coordinators
- keep in contact with workcamp coordinators
- coordinate 1-2 workcamps
- support the process of workcamps’ evaluation additional:
- look after Italian long-term volunteers engaged in EVS projects abroad
- assistance in designing promotional material or online communication -related tasks
Project language: English, Italian
Local language: Italian
Pocket money: 300 €
Travel costs: covered according Erasmus+ funding rules
Lodging: La Città dell’Utopia, double shared room in a flat with other international volunteers (up to four more)
Send your CV and motivation letter in English.
Your motivation letter should answer the following questions:
- Why did you choose SCI Italia and this particular project?
- What do you expect to learn and experience during your EVS?
- What can you bring to the work of SCI Italia?
The deadline for applying is 01.04.2018.
Please send your application to email@example.com.