Літнє стажування для студентів-біологів
Літня програма у Барселоні запрошує учасників. Усього передбачено 6 місць для студентів-бакалаврів та 2 місця – для магістрів.
Дати: 1 червня – 31 жовтня.
Дедлайн – 5 травня.
Детальний опис англійською:
The Center for Genomic Regulation (CRG) launches the 5th Summer Internship Program to provide undergraduate and master students the opportunity to conduct summer research at the CRG. The goal of the program is to encourage students, from any nationality, in the pursuit of a scientific career and to introduce them to an international laboratory experience.
A maximum of 8 internship positions (6 for undergraduate and 2 for master students) will be awarded in 2017.
The programme runs from June 1st to October 31, 2017, and is open to undergraduate and master students of any nationality. The student will be working under the supervision of a group leader or a senior member of the research group.
Positions will be awarded on a competitive basis taking into consideration the student’s academic records and the motivation & reference letter(s). Each student will be matched with a specific laboratory based on the student’s interest and background.
The summer training will consist of 320 working hours (40 hours/ week), distributed over the summer period – (8 weeks) between June 1 and October 31, 2017. The internship start date is left to the discretion of the researchers and the students. The intensive nature of the program requires a full-time commitment from the participant. Students are required to participate in all scheduled activities.
Applications for the CRG Summer Internship Program are accepted exclusively online through our online application system. Candidates must prepare their online application in English.
The application will include the following information:
- The registration form duly completed.
- Your most recent academic transcript, which should include the title of the courses you have completed thus far and the grades you received.
- Description of your interest for life sciences research, what you hope to gain through your participation in the CRG Summer Internship Program, your vision of what the summer internship will benefit you on a personal and academic level, and the reasons behind your choice.
- Candidates will be asked to provide contact details of at least one referee. Then the online system will send an email to the referee with the steps to follow to be able to upload the reference letter to your registration form.
- You will not be able to submit the form if all the required documentation is not included.
- Candidates are encouraged to check information (http://www.crg.eu/content/research/faculty-members) regarding the lab and the Group Leader before selecting one in the form.
All the information must be submitted by the application deadline. Applications received after May 5, 2017 will not be considered.
- Non – residents in the Barcelona area by the time of application.
- 1 return ticket to the student’s place of residence
- Meal vouchers for the 8-week period
- Residents in the Barcelona area by the time of application
- Meal vouchers for the 8-week period
From this stipend, students are responsible for their own housing. If the student’s university does not provide medical insurance, the CRG will provide medical and accident insurance for the training period.
Participation in the Summer Internship Program does not imply any contractual relationship between the beneficiary and the CRG. If the student, for any reason, voluntarily withdraws or interrupts the program, any unduly received payments must be returned.
To complement the internship, the students will be provided with hands-on workshops, they will be required to present the results of their research in front of the other summer students in a special session, and finally, they will have to prepare a final report at the end of the internship period.