Літня школа у Відні
Студенти-бакалаври, які навчаються за спеціальністю “Біологія”, можуть подавати свої заявки на участь в літній школі. Програма школи складатиметься з лекцій, підготовки власного дослідницького проекту та наукового симпозіуму.
Дати: 30 червня – 31 серпня 2017 року.
Місце: Відень, Австрія.
Дедлайн: 31 січня 2017 року.
Детальний опис англійською:
The programme consists of several components:
Each fellow will be allocated a faculty member, with whom they will work closely. A diverse range of research projects are available in: Molecular biology, neuroscience, immunology, bioinformatics, RNA biology, stem cells, and biochemistry. The research project will focus on a current topic in the allocated lab. Supported by a member of the laboratory the scholar will be expected to perform experiments, analyse data, generate ideas, and discuss their results. In addition to practical laboratory work the scholar will also take part in lab meetings and journal clubs.
The Vienna Biocenter Summer School includes a series of lectures given by faculty members on recent discoveries and state-of-the-art techniques in their respective field. Covering a broad range of topics the lectures will include the latest on small regulatory RNAs, the cell division apparatus and neuronal circuitry. These exclusive lectures will be held in an informal atmosphere to encourage interaction between scholars and faculty.
The Vienna Biocenter Summer School concludes with a scientific symposium. In a short talk each scholar will present her/his findings to students and faculty. Prizes are awarded to the students that give the best presentations.
We encourage applications from students (BA, Master, MSc) from all around the world who are undergraduates/master students, and have completed at least two years of university study.
To apply you need to have the following:
- Completed at least 2 years of a University study (eg. 2/3 years of a Bachelor study or at least 1 year of a Master study – by 30 June)
- Some previous research experience
- Good academic record
- High level of English language
- Evidence of enrolment in a University programme for the current academic year and the next year (if possible)
Scholars will be housed free of charge in student accommodation.
The complex features modern rooms that are internet enabled, fully furnished, and have an en-suite bathroom. In addition the complex contains a fitness centre, a pleasant common room, kitchens on each floor, and is within walking distance of public transportation.
- Free student accommodation
- Each student will be awarded a stipend of 1400 euros after tax for the nine-week programme
- Medical insurance is included in the contract for the nine weeks
- A free travel pass providing unlimited use of public transport within Vienna for the duration of the scholarship
- Reimbursement of travel costs to and from Vienna
- Numerous social events