Літня школа з лідерства та міжнародної співпраці у США
До участі у школі запрошуються студенти-бакалаври, зацікавлені у міжнародних відносинах, дипломатії, міжнародному економічному розвитку.
Дати: 29 червня – 25 липня 2018 року.
Місце: Сан-Дієго, Каліфорнія, США
Дедлайн: 9 січня.
Детальний опис англійською:
he Hansen Summer Institute on Leadership and International Cooperation is an exciting international program funded by a generous grant from the Fred J. Hansen Foundation. Six Hansen Summer Institutes took place in San Diego, California between 2007 and 2015. The Institute provides a unique University-based leadership experience and program in international cooperation. For three weeks, young American men and women joined students from a variety of developing countries and regions of social strife. Between then and now, Hansen Alumni have remained in contact via a variety of social networking sites and projects funded by the Hansen Foundation. We are happy to announce the Hansen Summer Institute will host its next group of young leaders in July at the University of San Diego School of Leadership and Education Sciences (SOLES).
A primary goal of the program focuses on creating an international community of young scholars who will use their summer experience as a foundation for creating lasting friendships and acquiring common practical understanding of a more peaceful future. Program elements will involve classroom instruction and hands-on training in the latest techniques of conflict resolution, mediation, and inter-cultural management. Classroom training will complement local excursions to San Diego historical attractions and cultural events including a fourth of July parade, a Padres baseball game, and a harbor cruise.
Successful applicants must demonstrate leadership potential by having worked outside of class in community service, another public service, or in a non-governmental organization. A letter of reference from such a group or organization is required.
NON – US STUDENTS
- Upper division undergraduate with 2 years of college/university or graduate student with a professional interest in international relations, diplomacy, international economic development or related studies.
- Student must be between the ages of 20-25 on July 1, 2018.
- Must have demonstrated leadership potential outside of the classroom in the community, nation or region.
- Have an academic advisor verify the candidate’s English proficiency (included in reference from the academic referee).
- Have a valid international passport with US visa if necessary by the time the program begins.
- Preference may be given to those who have never visited the United States.
Preference may be given to students who have never been to the United States before but all qualified students are encouraged to apply.
What is Provided?
The Hansen Summer Institute is fully funded by the Fred J. Hansen Foundation. This includes international airfare, room and board and all programmatic costs. If selected the only cost to participants will be the fees incurred in obtaining a passport, a U.S. visa and spending money.