Під час курсу учасники дізнаються про те, як сучасні цифрові технології формують суспільство та яким чином громадські організації та активісти можуть мобілізувати своїх прихильників, вносити позитивні зміни та будувати сильніші спільноти за допомогою інтернету.
Дати: 1 – 7 серпня.
Місце: Прага, Чехія.
Дедлайн: 5 червня.
Детальний опис англійською:
Communication technologies changed our awareness of the world, but to what extent is that helpful for us activists? As we are constantly bombarded with new information every day, how can we make a distinction between what’s credible and what’s biased or untrue? And what about “clicktivism”- is that supposed to enable any social change whatsoever or is it rather contributing to the problem?
In the training course Act, React and E-act! we will examine how digital media has shaped society, see how communication technologies are being used & misused, and learn how organizations and activists can genuinely mobilize citizens, educate, make positive changes and build a stronger community with help of Internet. We will look at examples of social, radical or disruptive movements like Indignados, Occupy Wall Street, Arab Spring, Kony 2012, Rosia Montana, Anonymous, Wikileaks or Snowden or DiEM, in which social media played a very important role.
Furthermore, we will go beyond the technological and digital ethos and take a closer look at the status quo in order to know in which means is radical transformation possible in our society. To bring about change we need to understand the relation between technology, environment, politics and economy and their influence on our society and culture. After this course you will be able to make better sense of the world and understand how it works in a radically new way.
What can you be looking forward to?
- Explore and actively use various methods of e-activism such as digital storytelling, blogging, vlogging, online community building, lobbying, self-employment or fund-raising (crowd funding);
- Develop skills in creative thinking, writing, editing, collaboration and leadership, in order to achieve a powerful online communication;
- Learn about online privacy and online security;
- Learn to apply the full process of activism on media platforms (awareness -> organization -> action);
- Inspirational examples and case studies and opportunity to learn from experts in the topic;
- Learn about democratic participation tools in the digital age
The training course will take place in a centre of ecological education Toulcův Dvůr. You can go for a pleasant walk in the 10 acres of the natural range belonging to the premises and observe a rich diversity of fauna and flora. If you feel like a healthy snack there is an organic health food shop. Enjoy all the great benefits of nature and at the same time being connected by public transport with the centre of Prague.
You can apply, if you are:
- Eager to learn more about e-activism;
- Develop a critical understanding about our society, its main problems and be motivated to do something about it;
- Plan to actively apply the newly learnt tools in your organization or personal projects;
- Develop your skills in online participation tools;
- 18 – 30 years old (exceptions possible);
- fluent in English;
Dates: 1 -7 August 2016
How to apply: Follow this link and fill in the application form.
Deadline: 5 June 2016
Results: all the selected participants will be informed personally via e-mail after the deadline.
Costs: No participation fee. At least 70 % of the travel costs will be reimbursed.
Eligible countries: Erasmus+ countries and Council of Europe member states.
If you have any questions or doubts, feel free to contact Henrique at firstname.lastname@example.org.