Літній університет “Surviving crises: A practical guide from Central Europe”
Студенти й аспіранти, які зацікавлені в темі школи, запрошуються до участі. Для учасників доступні часткові стипендії.
Місце: Kőszeg, Угорщина.
Дати: 21 серпня – 1 вересня 2017 року.
Дедлайн: 15 червня.
Детальний опис англійською:
The current crisis of the EU and the dynamics of shifting global powers brings the region of Central Europe into a new era of uncertainty. Different nation states and political elites play a balancing act between national solidarity and EU cooperation, neoliberal free market economy and state sanctions on trade and flows of capital. At the same time, these countries are trying to transform state and society relations.
From 20 August to 1 September 2017, we welcome academics and students from all around the world and the region to discussions and dialogues about the challenges and possibilities for the region of Central Europe. Fostering intellectual input from young and senior scholars, and developing cooperative networks among academics and professionals are seen as important factors of social change. Participants are encouraged to address the complexities of current transformations, and our growing social responsibility in re-imagining Central Europe.
- The Crisis of European Narratives – Where is Central Europe?
- New Wars – Security, Terrorism and Technologies of Surveillance
- Europe, Greece, Turkey and the Balkans
- Central Europe and the Illiberal State
- Changing Gender Dynamics in Central Europe: States and Civil Rights
- Politics and Popular Culture
- Central Europe 4.0 – the New Industrial Revolution in the 21st Century
- III International KRAFT (Creative Cities – Sustainable Regions) Conference
- The Future of Science in Central Europe
- The Future of Universities
Participation fee: EUR 500 (tuition)
To download the Application Form, visit http://www.iask.hu/en/s/3417/international-summer-university
Limited scholarships are available! (scholarships include free accommodation and meals)
To be eligible for scholarship, please send us the following:
- completed application form
- a 2-page statement on the topic of your academic interest
Eligibility: Students pursuing their BA, MA or PhD degrees and have academic and/or professional interest and enthusiasm for the topic.