Стажування в Інституті технологій та суспільства у Бразилії
Науковці, професіонали, студенти запрошуються до участі в дослідницькій програмі в Інституті технологій та суспільства у Бразилії. Теми досліджень – право, демократія та технології; доступ до технологій, правових послуг та прав людини; регулювання інтернету та інтернет-безпека тощо.
Дедлайн: 20 березня.
Детальний опис англійською:
Our Global Fellows will have the opportunity to work with the team who created and developed the landmark “Marco Civil” legislation, a bill protecting fundamental rights, including privacy, net neutrality and freedom of expression, approved as law in Brazil in April 2014. ITS will offer the opportunity to work with research in the five broad areas, namely:
- Law, democracy and technology (dealing with topics such civic engagement, online participation, and others);
- Access to technology, justice and human rights (dealing with topics such as connectivity, accesibility, digital divide and others)
- Internet regulation and Internet governance;
- Privacy and data protection (dealing with topics such as big data, anti-survailance, data protection and mass surveilance);
- Rethinking culture, media and education (working with topics such as intelectual property, digital entrepreneurship, art & technology, online teaching, and others).
The ITS Fellowship Program will offer the opportunity for those interested in internet and technology policy to deepen their knowledge about the Brazilian technology context. We have prepared an intensive 4-week* program for our fellows, which include visits to the biggest technology national and international companies operating in Brazil, the Brazilian Internet Steering Committee (CGI.br) and visits to São Paulo and Brasília, including meetings with representatives of the Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Culture, and Congress members who are advocating for policies related to internet and technology.
During their stay, selected fellows will be expected to:
- Present at least one public seminar, organized in partnership with ITS. Suggested topics can include: broadband and access policy, content regulation, copyright and creativity, consumer privacy, open government, government surveillance, data security, data innovation, freedom of expression, democracy and technology and human rights.
- To publish at least one article or webpost about their experience as a fellow in Brazil.
- To collaborate with the ITS team and its projects.
We are looking for students, researchers, and professionals who are following the debates in the public policy field, and who want to spend part of their summer/winter in Brazil, learning about Internet policy. People from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. For the selection processes, please send us:
- Your complete academic and professional resume, including your LinkedIn profile and other online references you want us to consider;
- A 1-page personal statement about your motivations to work in Brazil;
- A brief work description of your experience with technology policy;
- Proposal for a public presentation of your work;
- Indication of one of the five main areas ITS which you would like to work on;
- One project or idea you would be interested in developing while at ITS.
Portuguese skills are not required (but English is mandatory).