Гранти від Institute of Humane Studies для відвідання США з науковою метою
Аспіранти будь-якої національності можуть претендувати на отримання грантів від фундації “IHS”, які дозволяють покрити частину витрат на подорож та участь у конференціях.
Детальний опис англійською:
You’re a motivated graduate student who’s moving toward an academic career. You have an incredible paper that you’re going to be presenting at a conference. You’re ready to share your ideas with your professional community.
You’re also looking for resources to help you accomplish all of this.
The IHS Conference & Research Grant provides up to $750 to cover travel costs and fees for career-related expenses.
The Grant is awarded on a rolling basis to current graduate students advancing the principles of freedom through their career. Eligible activities include, but are not limited to:
- Presentations at academic or professional conferences
- Travel to academic job interviews on a campus or at professional/academic conferences
- Travel to archives or libraries for research
- Participation in career-development or enhancing seminars
- Submission of unpublished manuscripts to journals or book publishers
Please note, Conference & Research Grants cannot be used solely for conference attendance. Funding will only be considered for individuals presenting a paper or interviewing for a job at a conference.
How Do I Apply?
Applications for the IHS Conference & Research Grant are accepted on a rolling basis, and must be submitted online at least four weeks before your activity. Applications should be submitted through your existing IHS account. You may save your application and return later to submit it. (If you have previously participated in an IHS academic program or discussed your academic career with a member of IHS staff, please apply through the Hayek Fund for Scholars.)
Your completed Conference & Research Grant application must include the following items:
- A completed online application form
- Your CV or resume
- An itemized list of expenses
For those seeking the scholarship for career development you will also need:
- A summary of your presentation, such as an abstract or copy of the paper you intend to present at a conference, a description of arranged interviews, or a description of your planned research (e.g., a dissertation proposal)
- A brief essay, no more than 500 words, describing how your proposed activity will advance your career
- A brief essay, no more than 500 words, describing how your proposed activity advances our understanding of the principles, practices, and institutions necessary for a free society or our understanding of the classical liberal or libertarian tradition
Applications for the IHS Conference & Research Grant are accepted year-round on a rolling basis.
Applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision within four weeks of submission. You must submit your application at least four weeks before your fundable activity, or it may not be reviewed in time for the fundable activity. Awards are disbursed after the awardee presents original receipts.