НГО “Стелла” шукає двох волонтерів для довгостроковго ЄВС у Словаччині. Любиш подорожувати та спілкуватися з новими людьми? Тоді не втрачай шанс розфарбувати свої дні яскравими фарбами разом з ЄВС!
Коли: 1 червня 2018 – 31 травня 2019
Де: Східна та Західна Словаччина
Детальний опис англійською:
“F.A.M.E. – Feeling as a Mean of Education”
The main objective of the project is to reduce the social exclusion of children and youth from marginalized communities by means of the long-term, systematic and planned volunteer activity, to promote values and the idea of volunteering and to reduce the xenophobic setting of the society.
The activities of the F.A.M.E. project will be carried out in 5 community centers in Eastern and Western Slovakia and they will focus on work with children, youth and adults from excluded Roma settlements. In addition to reduction of the social exclusion of this group, we support community development, community building and reinforcement of mutual respect and tolerance.
Volunteers will take part in the training focused on personal development and gain information on methods of work with youth with risky behaviors, social exclusion, xenophobia, human rights. One of the goals of the project is to create a program of work with volunteers also applicable to other organizations working within the field of social services.
The presence of volunteers from foreign countries helps to critically review prejudices and fears of the unknown not only among the inhabitants of marginalized Roma communities but also among the majority population in the communities where are our community centers located.
Mission of volunteers: (can slightly vary according to management of each community centers, but basically involves)
- the main task of the volunteer would be to actively participate in, and possibly plan, the activities realized by the centre
- activities of the community centres are indoor or outdoor activities (preliminary club, tutoring, music/art/sport…)
- the volunteer would always work with a professional from the community centre, or a social worker of the centre.
- additional activities are considered to be an inseparable part of the Centre´s program. They include mainly trips, talks, meetings with guests, etc.
- educational activities include tutoring, depending on the needs of individuals, with assistance of a professional. The volunteer´s task would be help with homework (writing, reading), work with methodic educational equipment (cards with syllables, word creation). Concerning older children, it would be direct help with tasks that are discussed at school, whether it´s math or foreign language. Education in the use of the PC – Internet, e-mail, Word, etc are mainly for older children
- the volunteer´s task would be independent leading of those activities, creative planning of the program and tasks for the participants.
- after-school activities involve active courses – sports, dance, singing, musical Instruments, educational courses – PC, foreign language, practical skills, creative workshops on various topics.
Now, all 5 community centers are open – candidate can suggest his/her preference, however, we try to locate the volunteers after having interviews with them, based on their personalities, skills and how it matches with the needs of particular centre and team.
The volunteer should be between 18 and 30 years old. The profile of the volunteers is not strongly limited and is open for all people who are interested in the topic of the project.
In the subject of your e-mail please indicate «EVS in Slovakia, F.A.M.E.».