ЄВС-проект у Словаччині
Hosting institution: Centaurus, obcianske zdruzenie
Application deadline: 31/10/2017
“On the Iron footsteps of history” is an European Voluntary Service project in Banska Bystrica, Slovakia focused focused on ecology, art, history and built thanks our previous EVS projects. The main idea of the project is a return to the original life of our ancestors in harmony with nature, to indigenous traditions and crafts. Our goal is to restore and make available an iron ore mine and build the furnace for smelting iron ore like the period 1500 BC to be part of the Slavonic settlements.
The project will be implemented on the farm Hradisko Zeleznà, which is located 2 km from the village of Zeleznà Breznica in Slovakia. The farm, which is situated in a remote area in a beautiful mountain setting, was built in 1997 and consists of a main building and several agricultural buildings. The main building is renovated with modern equipment. Currently, the horse farm contains 15 horses.
The volunteer will be involved in these activities:
- Improve themselves in traditional crafts and technologies;
- Work like ancestors of the 16th century in total respect of the environment;
- Participate in filmmaking and organizing of cultural events.
- Age 18-30;
- High motivation;
- Interest in work-ethic, history, arts, handicraft;
- Be open minded to new skills and experiences.