НГО “Стелла” шукає 4-х волонтерів для 6-місячного ЄВС у Португалії, пов’язаного з роботою із дітками та дорослими з обмеженими можливостями. Волонтери матимуть великий вибір різноманітних активностей, якими можна буде займатися протягом проекту!
APCC, the Cerebral Palsy Association of Coimbra, PORTUGAL, offers volunteer opportunities working with DISABLED CHILDREN AND ADULTS!
Project will be 6 months beginning in June 2018.
!!! DEADLINE – 02/10/2017
The EVS project activities will involve several of APCC’s services, namely the Rehabilitation Center, three Residential Units, and Conraria Farm (Quinta da Conraria). Both the Rehabilitation Center and the Residential Units are located near the city center in a lively and rather green area, close to the University and various other higher education colleges. The Conraria Farm is located about 6 km away from Coimbra, is about 600,000 square feet, and hosts several occupational activities as well as vocational training.
Activities that the volunteer may be involved with include, but are not limited to:
- Toy Library and Ludoteca: a dynamic and interactive space at the Center where play activities are used to foster equal opportunities and promote the right to play.
The Volunteer’s Role: to participate in activities related to thematic story- telling, to manufacture materials to support the activities, to manufacture toys and help fix those that are broken, and to work at the adapted toys workshop.
- Semi-Internato (School): located at the Center, which houses a kindergarten and a primary school.
The Volunteer’s Role: to participate in classroom activities, to help with the daily meals in the cafeteria, assist at the playground and during breaks, assist with activities in the Conservatory of Music, and organize activity groups.
- Collaboration with Psychomotricity: work with a Psychomotor Therapist who evaluates and treats the motor expression in children that have problems with psycho-motor development and maturation.
The Volunteer’s Role: to participate in activities of psychomotricity, such as
- Zarabatana, Hydrotherapy (in collaboration with pool sessions in the Physiotherapy department), and Hippotherapy in the Equestrian Center of the Quinta da Conraria farm.
- Sports and Recreation: develops adapted activities for the physical and motor development of people with disabilities and gives them the opportunity to take part in sport competitions.
The Volunteer’s Role: to participate in training sessions for the sport of boccia or tricicleta, or possibly collaborate with Adapted Water Activities “Meio Aquatico”.
- Quinta Pedagógica: the Quinta da Conraria Farm creates pedagogic and recreational activities for children involving nature, animals, cultural traditions, and festivities.
The Volunteer’s Role: to participate and assist in occasional activities with both APCC’s clients and members of the community.
- Residences: APCC’s three residential units are a great way for volunteers to integrate directly with APCC’s client population. Social activities in both the residence and during outings enchance the quality of life of residents.
The Volunteer’s Role: to socialize with the clients at the residence and participate in outings in the community, at least one time per week and occasionally on weekends for specific events.
Each volunteer will most likely participate at various sites on varying days, according to a rotating schedule and also according to their interests.