Міжнародна конференція «Interculturalism in Historical Education»
Науковці, вчителі, музейні працівники, представники НГО та культурних інституцій, освітяни запрошуються до участі у конференції «Interculturalism in Historical Education».
Дати: 20 – 22 квітня 2015 року.
Місце: Варшава, Польща.
Дедлайн: 31 березня.
Детальний опис англійською:
The conference will address the question of how to use knowledge and reflection about the past to build attitudes of openness in today’s globalizing world and harness the potential of diversity on the local level. Also, deeper look at methods of intercultural learning, civic education and education on human rights, with a focus on how to use education to prevent and combat discrimination, anti-Semitism, racism and hate speech.
Conference venue and organizers:
- the Conference “Interculturalism in historical education” will take place on 20-22 April 2014 at POLIN Museum of the History of Polish Jews, 6 Anielewicza Street, 00-157 Warsaw.
- The Conference is organized by POLIN Museum of the History of Polish Jews in partnership with the European Wergeland Center in Norway and with support from the Council of Europe.
The conference is open to:
- those who register using the registration form.
- those personally invited by the organizers, including expert lecturers and persons conducting workshops.
- Registration begins on 25 February and runs until 31 March 2015 or until the limit of participants is reached.
- Registration takes place through a registration form available on the website www.polin.pl.
- The number of conference participants is 100. The planned number of places: 50 for participants from Poland, 50 for participants from abroad. Applicants will be handled on a first-come-first-served basis.
The conference program comprises the following events:
- Project Ideas Exchange (optionally)
- Tour of the Core Exhibition (optionally)
- Discussions and general lectures
- Workshop sessions (selection of workshop required)
- Accompanying events
Participation in the Project Exchange as a project presenter, the Core Exhibition tour and selected workshops should be indicated in the registration form.
A person registering for one workshop within each of the four workshop blocks should register for one preferred and one backup workshop. Places in a given workshop are available on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Participation in the conference is free of charge.
- As part of the conference, the Organizer will provide:
– Access to the full program of the Conference
– Conference materials
– Meals during the conference (a dinner on the first day, lunches on the second and third day)
The following costs are not covered by the Organizer:
- Travel for the Conference to/from Warsaw
- Accommodation during the Conference
If a participant or delegating institution does not have sufficient funds, it is possible to apply to the Organizer for coverage of a part of the travel costs. This should be indicated in the registration form. The subsidies will be granted based on the order in which the applications are received and the number of applications. One organization/institution may receive a travel cost subsidy for one representative only.
Persons from countries outside the European Union and from countries which do not have agreements with the European Union can apply for coverage of a part of their travel costs on condition of presenting their initiative at the Project Exchange.